For ALL field trips below (especially outdoor tours) please come prepared with:
- Face mask/covering
- Mosquito repellent or wear long sleeves/long pants
- Wear closed-toed shoes/sandals
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, etc.)
We've got an amazing lineup of field trips for this year's conference. All will be held on Wednesday, February 22, but at various times and locations. Please see details and sign up using the links below:
- Birding with Marianas Audubon - 8AM (~ 3 hours)
- Explore Marianas avifauna at Jeff's Pirate Cove, the Talofofo fish ponds, and Layon landfill. Led by Martin Kastner.
- Camp Blaz Restoration sites - 8AM (~3 hours)
- **Need to request base access by February 15
- Tour of Caiguat Forest Enhancement Site
- Lamlam Limestone Forest - 9AM (~ 4 hours)
- Limestone forest botanical tour at Mt. Lamlam. Led by CJ Paulino.
- Ritidian Refuge - 9AM (~ 2 hours)
- Cave tour exploring roughly a quarter mile of Guam’s majestic limestone cliff line along coastal strand forest. Visit Ritidian Beach Cave and the Ritidian Pictograph Cave to see pictographs by ancient CHamorus that are thousands of years old. Led by Marybelle Quinata.
- Kurason Isengsong - 9AM (~2.5 hours)
- Discuss community conservation and native plants at Island Girl Power, Isengsong Road, Dededu. Led by Juanita Blaz and Barbara Burkhardt.
- Mangrove Habitats - 9:30AM (~ 1.5 hours)
- Explore the mangrove mudflat and the various wildlife that use the mangrove habitat at Sasa Bay Marine Preserve, at the Marianas Yacht Club. Led by Cara Lin.
- Forestry Restoration Site - cancelled
- Bee-keeping 1 - 10AM (~2 hours)
- Bee-keeping tour at former Southern Comfort Ranch in Inalåhan. Led by Christopher Rosario.
- Clean-up at Tinago Falls - 12PM carpool at GCC, 12:30PM at Inarajan Middle School (~2 hours)
- River and forest clean-up (trash pick-up) in area of popular waterfalls hike in Inalåhan. Led by Farron Taijeron
- Bee-keeping 2 - 3PM (~2 hours)
- Bee-keeping tour UOG Triton Farm, Yigu. Led by Christopher Rosario.
- Islan Dåno Night Searching - 5:45PM (~ 3 hours)
- Search for invasive brown tree snakes at Islan Dåno (Cocos Island). Led by Olympia Terral and Martin Kastner.