INTERESTED IN JOBS IN THE MARIANA ISLANDS IN SCIENCE AND CONSERVATION?
ATTEND THE MICC CAREER FAIR IN FEBRUARY 2024!
Explore careers in conservation in the Mariana Islands with representatives of agencies, universities, and organizations including:
- University of Washington Aga Recovery Project
- The Ecology of Bird Loss Project
- USGS Brown Treesnake Project
- Guam Department of Agriculture, Division of Aquatic and Wildlife Resources
- Department of Agriculture, Biosafety Division
- NOAA's office of Coastal Management
- Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center
INTERESTED IN A GRADUATE DEGREE WITH RESEARCH IN THE MARIANA ISLANDS? Check out these faculty!
University of Guam:
- Dr. Ross Miller - Research interests: entomology, ants and aphids, invasive species
- Dr. Romina King - Geography - Research interests: Geographic Information Systems, Climate Change
- Dr. Jose Edgardo L. Aban - Geography - Research interests: Remote Sensing/Geo-spatial Technologies
- Dr. Melia Nafus Research Ecologist, Invasive Species Branch, Brown Treesnake Project, U.S. Geological Survey, Adjunct Faculty, University of Guam (College of Natural and Applies Sciences) and Affiliate Faculty Colorado State University (Department of Fish, Wildlife and Conservation Biology) - Research Focus: Behavioral ecology, Herpetology, Invasive Species, Conservation and Adaptive Management.
- Dr. Dara Wald - Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications. Research interests - human wildlife interactions, environmental communication, conservation behavior, public engagement and outreach
- Dr. Haldre Rogers - Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation. Research focus - tropical forest community ecology, forest conservation, plant-animal interactions, seed dispersal, pollination
- Dr. Rebecca Rundell - Department of Environmental Biology. Research focus - land snail evolution, biogeography, and conservation; understudied invertebrates
- Dr. Tiara Na'puti (moving to UCI from CU Boulder this summer) - Department of Global and International Studies. Research focus - rhetoric, indigenous studies and cultural studies
- Dr. Eleanor Caves, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology, Research focus- behavioral ecology; animal signaling and communication; animal vision; cleaning interactions
- Roxanne Beinart - Graduate School of Oceanography, Research interests - The impact of symbiotic microbes on marine ecosystems
- Dr. Monika Egerer - Research interests - urban agroecosystems, pollination
- Dr. Sarah Converse, Research focus: population ecology, conservation biology, and the interaction of science and decision-making.