INTERESTED IN JOBS IN THE MARIANA ISLANDS IN SCIENCE AND CONSERVATION?
ATTEND THE MTCC VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR!
Thursday, June 10th, 10-11 am ChST
Explore careers in conservation in the Mariana Islands with representatives of agencies, universities, and organizations including:
•CNMI Division of Fish and Wildlife
•USDA National Wildlife Research Center
•US Fish and Wildlife Service
•The Åga Recovery Project
•The Ecology of Bird Loss Project
•USGS Brown Treesnake Project
INTERESTED IN A GRADUATE DEGREE WITH RESEARCH IN THE MARIANA ISLANDS?
ATTEND THE MTCC VIRTUAL GRADUATE SCHOOL PANEL!
Wednesday, June 16th, 10-11 am ChST
Learn about and talk with graduate faculty interested or currently doing research in the Mariana Islands.
University of Guam:
- Dr. Ross Miller - Research interests: entomology, ants and aphids, invasive species
- Dr. Romina King - Geography - Research interests: Geographic Information Systems, Climate Change
- Dr. Jose Edgardo L. Aban - Geography - Research interests: Remote Sensing/Geo-spatial Technologies
- Dr. Melia Nafus Research Ecologist, Invasive Species Branch, Brown Treesnake Project, U.S. Geological Survey, Adjunct Faculty, University of Guam (College of Natural and Applies Sciences) and Affiliate Faculty Colorado State University (Department of Fish, Wildlife and Conservation Biology) - Research Focus: Behavioral ecology, Herpetology, Invasive Species, Conservation and Adaptive Management.
- Dr. Dara Wald - Greenlee School of Journalism. Research interests - human wildlife interactions, environmental communication, conservation behavior, public engagement and outreach
- Dr. Haldre Rogers - Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology. Research focus - tropical forest community ecology, forest conservation, plant-animal interactions, seed dispersal, pollination
- Dr. Rebecca Rundell - Department of Environmental Biology. Research focus - land snail evolution, biogeography, and conservation; understudied invertebrates
- Dr. Tiara Na'puti (moving to UCI from CU Boulder this summer) - Department of Global and International Studies. Research focus - rhetoric, indigenous studies and cultural studies
- Dr. Eleanor Caves, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology, Research focus- behavioral ecology; animal signaling and communication; animal vision; cleaning interactions
- Roxanne Beinart - Graduate School of Oceanography, Research interests - The impact of symbiotic microbes on marine ecosystems
- Dr. Monika Egerer - Research interests - urban agroecosystems, pollination
- Dr. Sarah Converse, Research focus: population ecology, conservation biology, and the interaction of science and decision-making.